Halló allir

Til að skipuleggja ferðir, auglýsa eftir félögum, spyrja fregna af færð og ástandi vega.

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel
Skráður: 07.jan 2014, 23:24
Fullt nafn: spencer Cordingley

Halló allir

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 08.jan 2014, 04:32

Ég veit að þetta er hreint íslenskt síða og helstu tungumál mitt er enska, Ég var kennt nokkur orð og orð á íslensku vegna foreldra mína.
Við erum frá Leduc, Alberta, Kanada. Ferðalög dagsetningar eru 11 Apr fyrr í 19

ástæðan ég er hér er að spyrja hvað er besta leiðin til að túra um eyjuna? Ég og konan mín hafa verið að leita nokkrar síður Tour fyrir 4-5 daga ferð sem er þess virði að nota? Eða myndi það vera bara betra að leigja bíl og gera eigin ferð okkar?

Hvaða gera þú krakkar benda? Og ef það er allt í lagi myndi slá í ensku vera betri? Eins og ég er út um allt, að takast á við það sem ég veit að orðum og nota þýðandi sem ég veit að það er að gera meiri skaða Þá gott líklega.

Þakka þér

kjartanbj
Skráður: 06.jún 2011, 18:30
Fullt nafn: kjartan Björnsson
Bíltegund: Ford Ranger
Staðsetning: Reykjavík

Re: Halló allir

Postfrá kjartanbj » 08.jan 2014, 04:45

No problem for you to write in english, as a matter of fact it's probably much better understanding you in english, all those online translators wont work very well
Ford Ranger 91 351w 39.5" -Seldur-
Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins -Seldur-
-Seldur- Land cruiser 80 VX 44" -Seldur-

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 08.jan 2014, 04:58

This is going to be a lot easier then, I was writing off the top of my head using the translators as a double check tool, should of just posted normal sorry everyone,

I might as well just type everything back out.
Me and my wife are from canada, we booked a trip to the island April 11 till the 19th, we have been searching a few self drive tour sites and wondering if there is a really good one or are they all the roughly the same?

Reason we coming to the island is I have always wanted to go and see a lot of the places the stories came from, I was raised in Gimli Manitoba canada, my mother is a pure icelander and was told many stories and visit a couple relatives if possible, the other reason Is our honeymoon more or less, first international trip too, and to enjoy ourselves as much as possible for the short time we are there.

Hr.Cummins
Skráður: 06.jan 2013, 18:03
Fullt nafn: Viktor Agnar Guðmundsson Falk
Bíltegund: Dodge Ram 1500
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Hr.Cummins » 08.jan 2014, 05:43

Not able to answer your questions but knowing that you are seeking iceland out of your heritage is awesome !
Dodge Ram 1500 Cummins Compound Turbo Diesel:
[BBD 60# Valvesprings, 4k GSK, Raptor 150GPH LP, Marine HG, Maxed Out P-Pump, No Plate, Tuned AFC, 20° Timing, Colt BIG STICK]
[Custom 4,5" Downpipe, 5" Pipe & Dual 6" Stacks]

snöfli
Skráður: 03.sep 2010, 19:21
Fullt nafn: Lárus Elíasson
Bíltegund: Patrol Y61

Postfrá snöfli » 08.jan 2014, 07:50

The country is large or 105sqkm, we can say 250km high and 500km long.

For 4-5 days it is better to choose what you wnat to see thant to drive the shotest road around the island which is 1.400 km long.

It would matter where your roots are. You can find out at Vesturfarasetur (http://en.hofsos.is/) where you are from in Iceland if you dont know allready.

With those information you contact us agin or me laruseli@gmailcom.

It is also question what your are seeking; must see's, culture, night life, nature, offroad, hiking, biking, diving, whale watching...

What season/time are you planning. Summer (or what we call summer) is here June to mid August. Spring April and May. Fall mid August to mid October. Winter is mid October to March +/- 1 (and even 2) months. December to mid February are dark, have short daylight and are therfore less suited for travelling. There is no night from mid May till end of July.

reg.

Larus

Svopni
Skráður: 01.sep 2013, 21:01
Fullt nafn: Sigurbjörn Vopni Björnsson

Postfrá Svopni » 08.jan 2014, 09:19

Hi.
You should go to Hofsós, a small town in North Iceland. There is a museum there dedicated to the people that moved west.
http://www.hofsos.is/

Haukur litli
Skráður: 08.mar 2010, 12:43
Fullt nafn: Haukur Þór Smárason

Postfrá Haukur litli » 08.jan 2014, 11:38

Just remember what I said on PBB, get the Nóí Sírius easter egg.

Did your mom mention any places in particular in correlation to your families history? A farm or village maybe? If you can dig up and Icelandic name then finding your relatives is easy.

Járni
Stjórnandi
Skráður: 30.jan 2010, 22:43
Fullt nafn: Árni Björnsson
Bíltegund: Land Rover
Staðsetning: Akureyri
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Járni » 08.jan 2014, 13:50

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I don't know your budget but to the best of my knowledge these tours are good. http://www.isafoldtravel.is/en/isak-self-drives/
I also don't know your experience so a guide might be a good idea, if you are planning off-roading, both in terms of personal safety and avoiding damage to Iceland's landscape.

Make sure you checkout the weather reports and http://www.vegagerdin.is for road conditions.

Nice effort on the Icelandic by the way!
Land Rover Defender 130 38"

jongud
Skráður: 29.mar 2012, 08:39
Fullt nafn: Jón Guðmundur Guðmundsson
Bíltegund: Toyota Tacoma

Postfrá jongud » 08.jan 2014, 14:47

canadiandiesel wrote:...Me and my wife are from canada, we booked a trip to the island April 11 till the 19th, we have been searching a few self drive tour sites and wondering if there is a really good one or are they all the roughly the same? ...

If you are going anywhere on your own I would recommend http://www.safetravel.is, even if you are only going to travel in the lowland. Check the site out, they have good information about safe travel in Iceland.
There is still winter here in april so I can not recommend travel in the highland without experienced guide.

Brjotur
Skráður: 31.mar 2013, 15:39
Fullt nafn: Helgi j. Helgason
Bíltegund: Patrol

Postfrá Brjotur » 08.jan 2014, 18:37

Hello if you are interested in driving your self in our big tire trucks i would point you out The ,,, I DRIVE ,, company and look what they say brand new toyota hilux pickup trucks on 38 inch tires and i will go with you as a guide and instructor :)

Straumur
Skráður: 02.feb 2010, 17:48
Fullt nafn: Kristján Logason

Postfrá Straumur » 08.jan 2014, 20:01

jeepson
Skráður: 31.jan 2010, 16:02
Fullt nafn: Gísli J Gíslason
Bíltegund: Nissan patrol
Staðsetning: Þarna fyrir austan.

Postfrá jeepson » 08.jan 2014, 23:16

Kv. Gísli

Nissan Patrol 1992 6.5 detroit diesel 46" Trölli
Isuzu Trooper 2003 3.1 TDI[b]37"/b] vinnu og veiði bíllinn
Audi Q7 3.0 TDI frúar vagninn

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 09.jan 2014, 04:01

If allowed or anyone want I can post up my mom's family history in a pdf or just email it to them, my dad was adopted says he has no clue and no interest however always hinted there could be some icelandic in him as well which will always be a unknown to me, I won't go searching unless he is willing to go searching.

I'm getting excited for the trip even though it still a 3 months away. Wife is sleeping but I did show her the posting and tomorrow we will start looking into all the suggestions that have been offered.

She's not pleased with the food menu thoigh, says she'll go without eating because of being such a picky eater, I'm sure grilled cheese is available haha

And now to start reviewing and brushing up on my icelandic again

kjartanbj
Skráður: 06.jún 2011, 18:30
Fullt nafn: kjartan Björnsson
Bíltegund: Ford Ranger
Staðsetning: Reykjavík

Postfrá kjartanbj » 09.jan 2014, 04:20

She shouldn't be worried about eating, everythings available here, no one should be left to starve while in Iceland :) all varieties are available :)
Ford Ranger 91 351w 39.5" -Seldur-
Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins -Seldur-
-Seldur- Land cruiser 80 VX 44" -Seldur-

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 11.apr 2014, 16:00

Leave today at 6pm will be at the airport tomorrow at 6 am apparently wife does not live the idea of time zones now hahaha

http://www.icelandtours.is/en/vacation-packages-to-iceland/iceland-tours/360/iceland---best-of-the-south-and-west---7-days--6-nights---sd04.aspx

This the the tour we are taking, rented a hertz car and I work for the company so something larger will be given to me for no additional price

We are going to be in Reykjavik for a total of 3 days. First day and the last 2 days of our trip because it's a extended stay.

I have not been successful in trying to post my ancestry on the forum but it will be with me when we arrive.

If anyone wants to meet up with us I would be delighted to meet everyone possible. And I figure the best way will be through email at engine34 at hot mail or via pm.

Járni
Stjórnandi
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Járni » 11.apr 2014, 16:04

Looks good, have fun and drive carefully!

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 11.apr 2014, 16:14

I was looking at your roads there, seem to be in alot better condition then what I get to deal with on a daily basis.

biturk
Skráður: 26.maí 2012, 10:42
Fullt nafn: Gunnar Þórólfsson
Bíltegund: Daihatsu feroza

Postfrá biturk » 11.apr 2014, 23:48

If you come to akureyri i can show you around, how long wull you stay
head over to IKEA and assemble a sense of humor

ellisnorra
Póststjóri
Skráður: 06.feb 2010, 10:43
Fullt nafn: Elmar Snorrason (Elli)
Staðsetning: Travitsenfirkopfendorf

Postfrá ellisnorra » 12.apr 2014, 08:23

Just remember, fastest you can go is 90km/h, there are speed cameras and police cruisers waiting for you :) Very common for tourists not noticing that.
Be very welcome :)
http://www.jeppafelgur.is/

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 12.apr 2014, 14:17

Haven't noticed any cops yet driving in but I did notice the cameras. They sorta stick out of place if your looking of course.
We arrived safely got the rental car and at the hotel, had a nap, waiting on the wife to wake up and we will probably tour downtown today. However I am on the hunt for a taxidermy puffin I hope I can find one.

ellisnorra
Póststjóri
Skráður: 06.feb 2010, 10:43
Fullt nafn: Elmar Snorrason (Elli)
Staðsetning: Travitsenfirkopfendorf

Postfrá ellisnorra » 12.apr 2014, 19:51

Hi.
Call Carlos Taroni, he lives on Akranes and is in the hobby taxidermy business. His number is 8480928
http://www.jeppafelgur.is/

Járni
Stjórnandi
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Járni » 12.apr 2014, 22:03

It's also possible that you can buy these puffins at some tourists shops.

Höfundur þráðar
canadiandiesel

Postfrá canadiandiesel » 16.apr 2014, 22:08

Ok I got one really weird question, can one buy old license plates here? And if so where?

Til baka á “Ferðir og færð á fjöllum”

Tengdir notendur

Notendur á þessu spjallborði: Engir skráðir notendur og 30 gestir