Suspension Shops

Dedicated to any non- Icelandic speaking visitors. Feel free to post info or questions about Icelandic 4x4's, photos of your own vehicle or pretty much anything else.

Höfundur þráðar
rmorgang
Skráður: 05.maí 2016, 11:03
Fullt nafn: Randall Morgan Greene

Suspension Shops

Postfrá rmorgang » 08.sep 2016, 13:47

Anyone familiar with any good suspension shops for regular cars? I want to get the front end on my Mazda revamped (bushings, linkages, etc) after I throw on a set of new tires. Not overly expensive but does good work would be ideal.

jongud
Skráður: 29.mar 2012, 08:39
Fullt nafn: Jón Guðmundur Guðmundsson
Bíltegund: Toyota Tacoma

Re: Suspension Shops

Postfrá jongud » 08.sep 2016, 15:44

rmorgang wrote:Anyone familiar with any good suspension shops for regular cars? I want to get the front end on my Mazda revamped (bushings, linkages, etc) after I throw on a set of new tires. Not overly expensive but does good work would be ideal.

Wrong forum,
trey rather here; http://spjall.kvartmila.is/

Járni
Stjórnandi
Skráður: 30.jan 2010, 22:43
Fullt nafn: Árni Björnsson
Bíltegund: Land Rover
Staðsetning: Akureyri
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Járni » 08.sep 2016, 16:21

Not really the world forum, we're all car enthusiasts.

Are you looking for original or performance stuff? I would think bushes are only available from the dealership, Brimborg, but most other aftermarket parts are available from AB varahlutir, Bílanaust, Stilling and such. Stick with good brands and you should get reasonable results. By the way, if the stuff is not worn out, don't replace it by aftermarket stuff.

For performance stuff I'd think you would get the best result by ordering online.
Land Rover Defender 130 38"

Höfundur þráðar
rmorgang
Skráður: 05.maí 2016, 11:03
Fullt nafn: Randall Morgan Greene

Postfrá rmorgang » 22.feb 2017, 09:56

Járni wrote:Not really the world forum, we're all car enthusiasts.

Are you looking for original or performance stuff? I would think bushes are only available from the dealership, Brimborg, but most other aftermarket parts are available from AB varahlutir, Bílanaust, Stilling and such. Stick with good brands and you should get reasonable results. By the way, if the stuff is not worn out, don't replace it by aftermarket stuff.

For performance stuff I'd think you would get the best result by ordering online.

Wildly late response, but thank you sir. I ended up getting most of the parts online and shopping shops until I found a good price. Front end feels great after the work.

Járni
Stjórnandi
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Járni » 22.feb 2017, 10:43

rmorgang wrote:
Járni wrote:Not really the world forum, we're all car enthusiasts.

Wildly late response, but thank you sir. I ended up getting most of the parts online and shopping shops until I found a good price. Front end feels great after the work.

Good job!
Land Rover Defender 130 38"

Járni
Stjórnandi
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Járni » 22.feb 2017, 14:49

*Wrong, not world :-D