Höfundur þráðar
Sunde
Skráður: 22.des 2013, 11:49
Fullt nafn: Martin Sunde
Bíltegund: Hilux 3,0 38"

Toyota Hilux 3,0 LONG RANGE FUEL TANK experience

Postfrá Sunde » 31.des 2014, 09:53

Hi
I am looking for experiences and opinions regarding solutions.
I wonder what you think about and install an extra tank behind, where spare cover will be. or is it better and replacing the original tank with a larger tank? I think most of the weight being completely behind the vehicle, behind the rear axle? how is this and run with the mountain? counterpoint and have weight more my underbody, where stocks tank?
Possible such a large tank, which substitu- stander tank coming down too far in relation to the rest under the car? The idea that can be used behind comes the good up and hidden okay?

jongud
Skráður: 29.mar 2012, 08:39
Fullt nafn: Jón Guðmundur Guðmundsson
Bíltegund: Toyota Tacoma

Re: Toyota Hilux 3,0 LONG RANGE FUEL TANK experience

Postfrá jongud » 31.des 2014, 12:10

Behind the rear axle is the worst place for auxiliary fuel tank if you are driving in deep snow.
I showed up once with two jerrycans on the rear bumper, and after getting the rear axle stuck thrice, i was told to move the jerrycans to the pickup bed. After doing that and lashing the cans as far to the front in the bed as I could, the truck did much better.

gislisveri
Stjórnandi
Skráður: 30.jan 2010, 23:08
Fullt nafn: Gísli Sverrisson
Bíltegund: Suzuki Fox
Staðsetning: Mosó
Hafa samband:

Postfrá gislisveri » 31.des 2014, 17:31

I agree with Jón, there seems to be a consensus regarding the optimal weight distributions for snow driving, that at least 55% rest on the front axle, some prefer even more.
I don't know what the Hilux is originally, but I would personally try to locate all permanently fixed accessories on the front half of the truck if possible.

Some have fabricated racks to carry a barrel in front of the car.

A custom built extra fuel tank under the car is probably the best solution though.

Best regards and a happy new year!
Gisli.

Óskar - Einfari
Skráður: 01.feb 2010, 08:29
Fullt nafn: Óskar Andri Víðisson
Bíltegund: Toyota
Staðsetning: Vatnsenda, Kópavogur
Hafa samband:

Postfrá Óskar - Einfari » 31.des 2014, 22:37

I agree with others in the thread. Fueal tank behind the rear axle is the last place I would choose if other options are available. This aplies manly for trucks that are used to drive in deep snow. For the Hilux one of the option is to put another tank on other side of the drive shaft where the big exhaust muffler is located. This requires exhaust modification to make the exhaust pipe fit between the tanks paralell to the driveshaft. Thas is what was done in my current 2007 model hilux and I also did this to my old 94 model hilux. Other options are possible like placing another tank in front of the stock tank, im note sure how this is done. Some have also modified the exhaust to come out from the passanger side of the car in front of the rear tire. This might make the exhaust a bit louder.
Toyota Hilux 2007 3.0 D-4D sjálfskiptur 38" breyttur

https://www.instagram.com/oskar.andri/

Höfundur þráðar
Sunde

Postfrá Sunde » 01.jan 2015, 11:48

Hi

Thank you for all the answers, this I counted on oath, that you and meant.

That Norway has solution with a separate tank that sits behind, with spare cover on hilux. then you get 150 liters.

I've seen this tank, it becomes no more an approximately 150 liters but then at the same place as the original tank. Looking at Australian forum, this thought used much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONG-RANGE-FUEL ... 49&vxp=mtr

I know ARB, creating several different solutions so will see what is there and

Höfundur þráðar
Sunde

Postfrá Sunde » 04.jan 2015, 10:34

Anyone know if the tanks are replaced with original tank, will fuel gauge be correct in relation to the tank?

then thinking about replacement tank, not tanks behind

jongud
Skráður: 29.mar 2012, 08:39
Fullt nafn: Jón Guðmundur Guðmundsson
Bíltegund: Toyota Tacoma

Postfrá jongud » 04.jan 2015, 13:22

Well, according to the information on the E-bay link the tank uses the original fuel gauge. I dont know wether you have to tranfser the stock pickup and gauge feeler into the big tank but it is possible.

Höfundur þráðar
Sunde

Postfrá Sunde » 04.jan 2015, 15:28

I'm in doubt, what I should choose here. Some say it and others there. AT uses tank mounted behind the spare wheel on Hilux? or is it only in Norway it is used by AT?

Til baka á “Toyota”

Tengdir notendur

Notendur á þessu spjallborði: Engir skráðir notendur og 14 gestir